Videos: Her Story, in Her Voice
Women Living with NCDs
In 2013, Arogya World made a commitment at the Clinton Global Initiative Annual Meeting to undertake this survey. In 2014, we are back to share the results—as well as solutions. These are the inspiring stories of women around the world, of how they live and cope with NCDs, of how NCDs touch their lives everyday.
- Women and NCDs: Against All Odds – Caring, Combating, Coping
- Natasha’s Story: Managing Heart Disease (USA)
- Indra’s Story: Surviving Cancer (India)
- Michele’s Story: Living with Asthma (Brazil)
- Amelia’s Story: The Life of the Caretaker (Mexico)
- Ana Maria’s Story: Diabetes, Cancer, and Complications (Brazil)
- Shobana’s Story: Lifestyle Changes Make Life with Diabetes Easier (India)
- Olive’s Story: A Family Works to Manage Life with NCDs (Ireland)
- Anne’s Story: Fighting NCDs—Breast and Cervical Cancers (Kenya)
- Janet’s Story: Caring for Parents with Diabetes (Mexico)
- Elizabeth’s Story: Chronic Heart Disease in Women (USA)
Arogya World thanks Nilesh Chatterjee from Kalyani Media Group for editing these videos. We are also grateful to the Partnership to Fight Chronic Disease, Madras Diabetes Research Foundation, Indian Cancer Society and American Cancer Society for their help documenting these stories.